Blueberry Glazed Sugar Cookies
- 1 1⁄2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1⁄2 cup + 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄3 cup coconut sugar
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup frozen blueberries, thawed (keep the juice)
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon non-dairy milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
Sugar Cookie Dough
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, salt and maple sugar.
- Using a fork, cut the solid coconut oil into the mixture until crumbly. Stir in the non-dairy milk and vanilla until a dough forms.
- Roll dough into 12 balls, about the size of an oversized golf ball, and place on a lined baking sheet. Flatten slightly with your palm.
- Transfer to oven and bake for about 12-14 minutes. The edges will start to turn golden brown.
- Mash blueberries with a fork in a medium bowl. Add powdered sugar, non-dairy milk, vanilla, and lemon juice. Mix until glaze forms.
- When cookies are done, remove from the oven and let cool on the cookie sheet. Drizzle glaze on top.
About This Recipe
Love classic sugar cookies but looking for a flavorful upgrade? These Blueberry-Glazed Sugar Cookies are perfect for the holidays (or whenever your sweet tooth comes calling). Did we mention they’re also paleo and vegan-friendly?!
Made in partnership with Real Simple Good.