- 1 1⁄2 cups large-flake (old-fashioned) rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup almond butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, stir together oats and walnuts.
- In a small saucepan set over medium heat, add almond butter, honey, oil, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until melted and smooth. Pour over oats mixture and toss to combine. Stir in egg whites until well coated.
- Divide mixture evenly among 8 greased muffin cups; press evenly into bottom and sides to form cups.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until golden and set. Let cool completely in muffin pan.
- Remove cups from muffin pan. Divide yogurt and blueberries among cups just before serving.
Store hollow oats cups in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Fill with yogurt and blueberries just before serving.
Substitute walnuts with finely chopped pecans, almonds or pistachios if desired.
About This Recipe
Breakfast just keeps getting better with new boosts of blue like these Blueberry Granola Cups. Simple to make and oh-so-delicious, each cup features a nutty, sweet granola crust with a creamy filling of Greek yogurt topped with fresh blueberries. You can serve immediately or store the crusts and fill each day as part of a quick satisfying meal or snack.