- 4 cups cold water
- 3⁄4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- ½ teaspoon butterfly pea flower powder
- 4 medium lemons, juiced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid stevia
- Blue or silver edible glitter, optional
- 2 cups ice
- In a 1 quart or larger pitcher, add 4 cups of cold water and ½ cup of blueberries.
- Gradually stir butterfly pea powder into the water. Continue stirring until the powder is dissolved and the water turns a vibrant blue color.
- Pour the lemon juice into the water. The acidity will turn the water from a blue color to light purple at first. Then, as it settles it will turn into a darker purple color.
- Next, add the liquid stevia of your choice and a sprinkle of edible glitter if desired. Stir well until fully incorporated.
- Add ice cubes into the pitcher before pouring into individual glasses filled with ice.
- Garnish individual glasses with the remaining ¼ cup of blueberries.
You can sweeten to taste with any sweetener of choice. Simple substitutions for liquid stevia include ¼ cup of simple syrup or agave.
About This Recipe
This Blueberry Lemonade is simple to make but adds a major wow factor to any picnic, party night, or summer cookout. This whimsical recipe combines ingredients like butterfly pea powder and edible glitter for an enchanting spin on classic lemonade. You also have the option to customize the sweetener–use stevia, agave syrup, or simple syrup.
Made in partnership with Mackenzie Burgess, RDN of Cheerful Choices blog.