- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 10 whole cloves
- 2 large cinnamon sticks
- 1 bottle (750 mL) dry red wine
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine blueberries and sugar. Cook until lightly simmering, about 5 minutes.
- Puree blueberry mixture until smooth, then add in cloves and cinnamon. Continue lightly simmering for 20 minutes.
- Pour wine into the pot and reduce heat to a very slow simmer (don’t boil), at least until wine is warm (you can let it sit on low heat anywhere from 15 minutes to 3 hours).
- Strain before serving. Serve warm optionally garnished with a slice of orange and a cinnamon stick.
For a mocktail version swap out red wine with grape juice.
About This Recipe
Recipe by Live Eat Learn
Is there any cocktail more classic for the holidays than a mulled wine? Well, it’s time to twist it up! Add in your favorite fruit for a blueberry mulled wine recipe that’s sure to please a crowd. With all the spices you’d expect in a seasonal drink, this blueberry mulled wine will have you ready for the holidays in no time.