- 2 cups gluten-free oats, divided
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, chopped
- pinch of salt
- 1⁄2 cups dates, pitted
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350. In a food processor, combine 1 cup oats, almonds, and salt. Process until oats reach a sandy consistency.
- Add dates, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Process for another 30 seconds. Transfer mixture to a new bowl and gently fold in blueberries and remaining 1 cup oats. Mix until sticky and incorporated. The bars will take on a purple hue.
- Press down mixture in a parchment covered 8×8 square pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars. For rapid cooling, transfer directly to the freezer for 15 minutes or so.
About This Recipe
Recipe in partnership with the Tone It Up Girls
A lil crunchy, a lil sweet and a whole lot of yum, these blueberry oat bars make for an excellent go-anywhere snack. We know picking up granola bars at the store is easier, but make a batch of these blueberry oat bars and you’ll be patting yourself on the back all week (because homemade is always better than the box, right?).