- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 8 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat, stir together orange juice and sugar; stirring, bring to a boil.
- Add in blueberries and cranberries; stirring, bring back to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until cranberries start to pop and split.
- In a small bowl, whisk together water and cornstarch. Stir into orange juice mixture. Stir in orange zest and cinnamon; bring the mixture back to a boil. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly. Let cool completely.
About This Recipe
Blueberry-Orange Cranberry Sauce is a tasty twist on classic cranberry sauce, adding a boost of blue for double the berry flavor! Blueberries bring balance to this beloved side dish, with a little extra sweetness to cut the tartness of the cranberries. The result is perfectly tangy flavor – and a new option to try if your family didn’t go for the traditional version. This sauce is guaranteed to brighten up your table, at Thanksgiving or anytime the mood strikes you!