Pumpkin Bread Ingredients
- 1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- White icing, optional (recipe follows)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, not thawed
- 1 cup sifted confectioner sugar
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1-1⁄2 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Pumpkin Bread Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°. Butter an 8-½ x 4-½ inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat pumpkin, sugar, orange juice, eggs, and oil until smooth, about 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, stir flour, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Add to pumpkin mixture and stir just until just combined.
- Spoon 1/3 of the batter into pan and spread evenly.
- Stir blueberries into remaining batter in bowl and spoon over batter in pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes; cool in pan on a rack for 10 minutes before turning the loaf out onto the rack to cool completely.
- Drizzle with glaze.
- In a bowl, combine sugar and butter until combined.
- Add milk and vanilla and continue beating until smooth.
- Drizzle over bread.
May be wrapped and refrigerated for up to 4 days, or frozen for up to 1 month.
About This Recipe
Blueberry Pumpkin Bread? That’s right! We’re twisting up tradition and giving pumpkin bread an extra oomph of flavor with fresh or frozen blueberries! Blueberries fold perfectly into sweet, spiced pumpkin bread, giving it a moist and delicious taste, as well as a boost of nutrition. This Blueberry Pumpkin Bread makes for an ideal autumn indulgence, but it’s also a treat you’ll love to eat year round.