Pumpkin Cookie Ingredients
- 1 package spice cake mix
- 14 ounces 100% pure pumpkin purée (1 can)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
Pumpkin Filling Ingredients
- 8 ounces of cream cheese (1 package)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
Pumpkin Cookie Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease baking sheet with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- In bowl with mixer on medium-high, beat cake mix, pumpkin purée, butter and eggs until thick and blended. Stir in blueberries.
- Drop by 2 tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet 3-inches apart. Gently press into 2-inch diameter rounds and bake 15 minutes or until center springs back when gently touched. Cool 2 minutes on pan. Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
Pumpkin Filling Instructions
- In bowl with mixer on medium-high, beat cream cheese and butter until blended and smooth. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Spread filling over flat sides of half of the pumpkin cookies, about 1 tablespoonful per cookie. Top with remaining pumpkin cookies, flat side down.
If spice cake mix is not available substitute vanilla cake mix and 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice.