- 1⁄2 cup finely diced sweet yellow onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2-1⁄4 cups frozen blueberries, unthawed
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup coconut or regular sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 5 fresh sage leaves, finely diced
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- In a small heavy duty saucepan over medium-high heat, add onions, garlic and orange juice. Stir often, bringing to a boil; add in remaining ingredients.
- Stir until mixture is brought back to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 30 – 40 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Set aside to cool; refrigerate until serving.
About This Recipe
Recipe by Robin Runner, “Knead to Cook” Blog
This blueberry sage chutney is versatile enough to complement a wide range of dishes – appetizers and entrées alike – and delicious enough to inspire second helpings.
Amount per serving
Daily Value %*