- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons cold butter, cut in small pieces
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 - 2∕3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Using pastry cutter, or two knives, cut in butter until mixture is size of very coarse crumbs. Stir in blueberries, thyme leaves, lemon zest and cracked black pepper. Stir in ½ cup milk until mixture just holds together, add remaining milk if mixture is too dry.
- On lightly floured surface knead dough and shape into an 8-inch circle, about 1-inch thick. Cut into 8 wedges and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Brush tops with beaten egg and bake 20 minutes or until tops are golden.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Transfer to wire rack and cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Used 1/2 cup whole milk for nutritional analysis.