- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3⁄4 cup fresh or frozen (unthawed) blueberries
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced lemongrass (optional)*
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 poppy seed hamburger buns
- Lettuce and sliced red onion, optional
- Blueberry Ketchup (recipe follows)
- 1-1⁄2 cups fresh or frozen (unthawed) blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pickled ginger (gari) or minced fresh ginger
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, blueberries, ginger, lemongrass and black pepper; mix well.
- Form mixture into 4 patties.
- Brush soy sauce on both sides of burgers.
- In an oiled skillet over medium-high heat, grill patties until cooked thoroughly, about 4 minutes each side.
- Serve on buns with lettuce, sliced red onion and blueberry ketchup.
* Peel away woody outer layer from the bottom portion of the lemongrass stalk; mince inner flesh.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine blueberries, onion, vinegar, sugar, ginger and salt.
- Bring to a simmer; cook about 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Remove to blender or food processor; whirl until smooth.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.