- 2 1⁄4 cups large-flake (old-fashioned) rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup almond butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In small bowl, stir together oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, using fork, mash bananas. Using handheld electric mixer, beat in egg, almond butter, honey and vanilla until blended. Stir in oats mixture. Fold in blueberries and pecans.
- Using 1/4–cup measure, scoop dough onto parchment paper–lined baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart. Press to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown around the edges and tops are set. Let cool on pans completely before serving.
Store cookies in a tin at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Substitute pecans with chopped walnuts or almonds if preferred. For a nut-free option, substitute pecans with pumpkin seeds.
About This Recipe
Enjoying these cookies in the morning almost feels like you’re getting away with something … but this recipe delivers sweet, delicious taste with a pop of nutrition. You’ll love the warm flavors of honey, vanilla and cinnamon paired with blueberries – alongside chopped pecans and oats for texture. Bake over the weekend and enjoy all week long, at breakfast or anytime you want a boost of blue!