- 1 cup of blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup grade A maple syrup
- 3 ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided
- 1 750 ml bottle of champagne or sparkling wine, chilled (optional)
- In a small saucepan over medium high heat, combine blueberries and maple syrup. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Use the back of a wooden spoon to break up the blueberries as you stir.
- Remove from heat after 15 minutes and set aside to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Pour one ounce of the syrup mixture into the bottom of 6 champagne flutes.
- Add ½ ounce of lemon juice to each and top with 4 ounces of champagne or sparkling wine.Garnish with lemon peels.
- Alternatively you can combine 6 ounces of the maple blueberry mixture and 3 ounces of lemon juice in a pitcher. When ready to serve, top with chilled champagne or sparkling wine, gently stir and let guests serve themselves!
For a mocktail version, swap out sparkling wine with sparkling grape juice
About This Recipe
Recipe by Stir and Strain
Sip your way through the season with this sweetly delicious maple blueberry sparkling cocktail. With one batch making six cocktails it’s the perfect fit for your next holiday party, happy hour or any celebration. This maple blueberry sparkling cocktail is best served in a champagne flute so you can look your classiest while toasting to a delightful holiday season.