- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 chicken (2 1⁄2 lbs.), cut into eighths
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onions or shallots
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Heat oven to 375. In a small bowl, combine mustard, salt, pepper, 2 tablespoons of the marmalade and ¼ teaspoon of the thyme. Rub all over the chicken.
- Place chicken skin side down in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with onions. Bake 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium heat combine 1 cup of the blueberries, broth, lemon juice, remaining 3 tablespoons marmalade and remaining ¼ teaspoon thyme. Bring to a boil.
- Let simmer, stirring frequently, until reduced by half and thickened until it coats the back of a spoon. Set aside.
- Turn chicken skin side up. Spoon pan drippings over chicken. Bake another 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and golden brown.
- Transfer to a platter and cover to keep warm.
- While pan is still hot, pour in blueberry mixture, scrapping up onions and drippings. Stir in remaining ½ cup blueberries. If sauce is too thick, thin with a little water. Spoon over chicken and serve.
About This Recipe
Roasted chicken with blueberry orange sauce is the sweet and savory combination you’ve been searching for! The tender roasted chicken tingles your taste buds while the orange and blueberry sauce satisfies your sweet tooth. Serve this dish for an unforgettable family dinner.