- 1⁄3 cup blueberry powder*
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 - 2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a small bowl, stir all ingredients together.
- Pour into a jar, label, date and seal. Use within 3 months.
Uses: rub for grilling ribs, beef, pork, lamb, fish or poultry, like for this Grilled Chicken Seasoned with Savory Blueberry Rub; rim cocktail glasses; stir into Bloody Mary mix; add to sauces, marinades or dressings; finish plates.
*Blueberry powder is available online or at well-stocked retailers. Make blueberry powder by pulverizing freeze-dried blueberries in a blender.