- 2-1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup real pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄3 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger and baking soda.
- Dice butter into small cubes and add to the flour mixture, incorporating it with your fingers, or a pastry blender, until no clumps larger than a pea remain; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the pumpkin and 2 eggs until smooth.
- Add pumpkin into the flour mixture with a wooden spoon.
- Add in the blueberries and mix until just combined.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead, until it holds. Pat dough into a circle; scatter with blueberries.
- Fold over dough and turn a few times to knead in blueberries.
- Arrange the dough into a disk on a parchment lined baking sheet and slice it into wedges. Brush the scones with the cream.
- Place the scones in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425°F. Bake the scones for 25 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before cutting.
VariationsFor more savory scones, sprinkle ½ cup of sharp cheddar cheese on the scones before baking.
About This Recipe
Recipe by Kita Roberts, “Pass the Sushi” Blog
Satisfy your pumpkin cravings with these savory pumpkin blueberry scones. Rich, earthy pumpkin and tangy-sweet blueberries are tied together with aromatic spices, making these savory pumpkin blueberry scones the perfect seasonal treat.