- 7 cups sliced, peeled, cored apples (about 6 apples)
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a slow cooker, combine apples, blueberries, brown sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves. Cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours or until thickened and apples are tender.
- Let cool completely. Transfer to blender; purée until smooth.
- MacIntosh, Braeburn, Cortland, and Fuji apples all work well in this recipe.
About This Recipe
For a yummy, get-you-out-of-bed-just-a-little-faster treat, you can’t miss Slow Cooker Blueberry Apple Butter. The flavors of fall – cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves – come together with sweet-tart blueberries and warm brown sugar and vanilla to make one delicious spread. It’s incredibly versatile – spread it on toast and biscuits, stir it in your oatmeal, use it as a substitute for applesauce in your baking, or make it the star of your charcuterie board.