- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 cups packed spinach
- 2 1⁄2 cups low-fat plain Greek yogurt, divided
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- Toy spiders, for decorating
- In a blender, combine frozen blueberries, bananas, spinach, 2 cups of yogurt, and maple syrup until smooth. Divide between 2 bowls.
- Spoon remaining ½ cup of yogurt into a piping bag with a small round tip or a resealable bag with the corner snipped. Pipe concentric circles of yogurt over the top of each smoothie bowl.
- Starting at center, drag skewer or tip of a knife at 1-inch intervals through yogurt and smoothie mixture to resemble a spider web.
- Garnish smoothie bowls with fresh blueberries, kiwi slices, chia seeds, coconut, and toy spiders.
- Remove toy spiders before consuming smoothie bowl.
About This Recipe
In the Hallo-season, a Spooky Blueberry Smoothie Bowl might just be the most fun you can have at breakfast. It starts like your standard smoothie: a blend of frozen blueberries, bananas, spinach, plain Greek yogurt and maple syrup. But once you divide into bowls, it’s time to summon your inner artist. Plain yogurt piped on top becomes spiderwebs – and fresh blueberries, kiwi slices, chia seeds, shredded coconut and toy spiders serve as garnish to set the scene. Enjoy assembling … and the “fruits” of your labor!