- 2 eggs
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups + 1 tablespoon all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a medium bowl add eggs, yogurt and coconut sugar and mix until well combined.
- Add 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt to the wet mixture. Mix to combine and set aside.
- In a small bowl, place blueberries and 1 tablespoon of flour, shaking the blueberries around until they are evenly coated.
- Gently add the blueberries into the batter, folding them in so none of them pop; set aside.
- Combine all ingredients into a medium bowl and mix until everything is coated with coconut oil. You may create some clumps (which is what you want).
- Pour half of the batter into a greased and parchment lined, 8×8 pan and sprinkle half of the streusel topping.
- Pour the second half of the batter and sprinkle with remaining streusel.
- Bake for 42 min or until the toothpick comes out clean.
About This Recipe
This blueberry coffee cake includes yogurt for extra moistness and texture. Refined sugar has been swapped for blueberries which add a burst of natural sweetness to this recipe.
Recipe made in partnership with Jordan Elbaum Gössele.